Follow @chloewanderlust

Saturday 11 October 2014

DINNER ON THE CN TOWER

It was a windy Saturday afternoon and I was ridiculously excited. I was finally going up the infamous CN tower. I had asked everyone for recommendations of where to go and what to see in Toronto and nearly every one of them told me to take a trip up the tower. We decided to try it out and (for a bargain price of $55 try the lunch menu too!) After checking in, you're ushered into a lift which zooms up into the clouds. It's very odd walking out of the lift into a revolving glass room. The scene spins around you and you're transported from high rise skyscraper views to sprawling suburbs to the shimmering sea-like lake. I couldn't stop snapping photos; every second was a new photo opportunity! Now for the food, the $55 menu came with 3 courses. For a starter I had the pea and pancetta spring tart. The pastry was a bit dry and the pancetta was more akin to bacon lardons but it was 2pm and I was starving so I gobbled it down. My medium rare steak with mashed potato and peppercorns was however- to DIE FOR. Perfectly cooked with buttery mash and just enough creamy sauce. Lastly dessert; the final act. Maybe the best one? You can't say no to a chocolate lava cake with espresso ice cream and raspberry coulis. Melt in the mouth chocolaty goodness. Hands down the best meal in Canada so far with the best views! Not only this- but everything on the menu exhibited the best of Canada! You could try everything from 'Vancouver Island Sea Salt' to 'Grilled Ontario Calf's Liver' and of course Maple Blancmange, which is as Canadian as it gets without putting a beaver on it. After lunch we wandered around the observation deck and they lay down on the glass floor for some edgy looking pictures. Overall it was a great afternoon, although service was slow at the start, it picked up and gave us enough time to enjoy the views! I would love to see Toronto again at night and try out a few more tasty offerings when I get the chance! 

No comments:

Post a Comment