Follow @chloewanderlust

Monday 20 October 2014

REVIEW > CHUCK'S BURGER BAR

Just a quick trip downtown and a little walk away on Locke Street, you'll find yourself at Chuck's Burger Bar. A no-frills gourmet burger joint with good craft beers and big portions. It's very low key, with only 5 tables and a bit of bar space. We crammed 7 of us onto the bar and ordered a round whilst pouring over the menu. And there's plenty to choose from; venison burgers, lobster poutine and enough different sauces and toppings to last a lifetime! Peanut butter on your burger anyone? I went for a (healthy) turkey burger, with caramelised pears and a cranberry mayo, this was served alongside skin-on fries and a crunchy house slaw. Although, yes we were eating at 9pm and I was starving, this was easily one of my favourite indulgent meals in Canada. Finding a good burger is like finding the perfect little black dress and you just know when it's a good one from the first bite. You can tell this place is a hit with locals and students alike as the place was packed with people when we first got there- I would suggest booking a table or turning up earlier to get a proper seat as this place get's busy even on a random Tuesday night. But waiting at the bar isn't so bad either, there's a good selection of Canadian beers and enough Ice Hockey to watch until you're seat is ready. Next time I go I would love to customise my burger and pick out something adventurous or ask the waitress for a good combo! I would also order the maple bacon doughnut bites, not sure why I didn't do this before for $3 a bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment