Follow @chloewanderlust

Friday 23 May 2014

RECIPE > OLIVE BREAD ROLLS


So this post comes in the midst of the two most stressful weeks of my life; exams, research proposals, visa applications...I could go on. Back in December I didn't realise how much paperwork would be involved in my move to Canada. Anyhow, I at least found the time to bake, important stuff I know. I had a little jar of black olive tapenade in my fridge which I'd nicked from home and I was wondering what to do with it. BBC GoodFood of course gave me the incentive to make a cheats version of their Olive Rolls using my tapenade. This recipe is basically an olivey swiss roll. Firstly mix 500g of white bread flour, with a tsp of salt, 1 tbsp, a packet of fast action yeast and 300ml of warm water. Mix and knead with your hands until ready (10 mins or so). Put the dough in a clean bowl with oiled Clingfilm covering and leave to rise. Go and revise for an hour. OR whatever you normal people do. When doubled in size, roll out onto a well floured surface. Spread your olive paste (bought or homemade) all over the dough and then roll this up into a swiss roll-shaped thingy. Cut the dough into even slices (around 10-12) and place these on a lined baking sheet. Generously brush over with oil and, covering, leave to rise again for another 20mins. When ready, remove the Clingfilm and put in a pre-heated oven at 220/200C fan. Cook for 25 mins- they may squish into each other a little bit, don't worry about this. Take out, leave to cool and enjoy later on whist cramming for stats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment