Follow @chloewanderlust

Saturday 9 August 2014

REVIEW > THE DINER

The Diner is an all-occasion restaurant. Equally perfect for Sunday brunch or a gut-busting dinner. A couple of girlfriends and I made our way to the Covent Garden branch last week. I'll be honest, we were spoilt for choice! Even after a good half an hour we were still pulling our hair our trying to choose between the sweet potato pancakes versus the cobb salad. We finally decided on the American classic; a round of burgers, fries and milkshakes. I chose a BBQ chicken burger, served with skinny diner fries, coated in Cajun seasoning. This was all washed down with a think banana and peanut butter milkshake. The other girls both picked the 'Juicy Lucy' of Man V Food fame; a moist burger stuffed with a cheese sauce centre. When the food came out, we were slightly lost for words; the burgers were stacked high and the chips took up an entire basket themselves! The meal between the three of us could easily have been enough to feed six or seven! Despite the sheer size of it, The Diner's food is a perfect slice of America in the UK, my burger was especially delicious! Next time I return I've got my eye on the banana and butterscotch pancakes- and I'd love to try a 'Hard Shake' an alcoholic milkshake which has combos ranging from cherry and amaretto to alcoholic Oreo flavour! I have some minor complaints; the Cajun seasoning was arguably too much and one less sprinkle would have done them a favour. Also, when I order banana and peanut butter I'm expecting big flavours; this milkshake was lacking in that punch-you-in-the-face flavour I was expecting. The Diner can be found all across London and has branches in Camden and Soho as well, so next time you're there, check out the menu- there's enough on it to cater to every taste! 

                            

No comments:

Post a Comment